Kids Yoga Teacher Training
Coming Spring 2018
Let the Creative Brilliance blossom in this immersion into FUN, connection, trust, and transformation in our Kids Yoga Teacher Training with Sharikay Sloboda (Yoga Alliance CEP, RYT500, & RCYT). Sharikay is a big kid at heart and has trained in Children, Family and Community Yoga through Rainbow Kids Yoga and Incy Wincy Yoga. She has facilitated teacher trainings and managed after-school programs in Bangkok, Thailand since 2012 as well as successfully running Kids & Teen Yoga Programs (30+ students). In addition, she teaches adult yoga in varies styles of yoga.
WHY TAKE THIS TRAINING?
• You want to bring creativity, connection, confidence and calm
to the kids in your life, in the classroom, the car, the studio or at hOMe.
WHO CAN TAKE THIS TRAINING?
• A perfect training for yoga teachers, school teachers, parents, child caregivers, fitness instructors, coaches, health care professionals, performance artists ~ ANYONE who works with or is interested in working with children & teens
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
• Learn to introduce traditional yoga practices like asana, pranayam and meditation; in a creative and engaging way to build trust and to capture the energy, heart and imagination of kids of all ages!
• Learn to teach an effective class, through communication, teamwork, classroom and behavioral management
techniques and how to design comprehensive age appropriate lessons plans.
• Learn more about Chakras, Yoga Nidra, Essential Oils, Mudra, Mantra, effective use of props, Partner Yoga and Acro Yoga
WHAT WILL I RECEIVE?
• Receive a 100+ page manual, starter lesson plans and post training support
• Receive a Certificate of Completion and Yoga teachers registered with Yoga Alliance will receive CEUs. Primary Training = 27 CEUs and Secondary Training = 18 CEUs
• Receive memories, friendship, inspiration and a new set of skills for your teaching tool box!
WHEN IS THE TRAINING AND MUST I ATTEND EVERY DAY?
• PRIMARY Training: Friday, August 4 to Sunday, August 6 @ 9am-12pm and 2pm-6pm
• SECONDARY Training: Saturday, August 12 and Sunday, August 13 @ 9am-12pm and 2pm-6pm
• FULL attendance and participation in ALL sessions you are registered to attend is REQUIRED in order to receive a Certificate of Completion and/or qualify for YA CEUs.
WHAT IS MY INVESTMENT AND HOW CAN I SIGN UP?
• BOTH Trainings = $680 per person, BY July 8 ($168 Savings)
• PRIMARY Training: $400 per person, BY July 16; $499 after
• SECONDARY Training: $300 per person, BY July 22; $349 after
*NO EXCEPTIONS IN DEADLINES
**FULL PAYMENT REQUIRED AT BOOKING
***CASH, CHECK, CREDIT CARD AND PAYPAL ACCEPTED
Pilates Method Alliance Approved. This course includes an introduction to the history and principles of Pilates, beginning exercises and introduction to intermediate level exercises with modifications. An overview of anatomy and movement principles is covered with this course, including an intro to the primary muscles involved in movement. Specifically geared toward Pilates teachers, covering exercises with specific reference to the muscles and joints allowing you to understand the information more effectively.
Pilates Mat 1 Certification
Mat II & III includes remaining intermediate & advanced level exercisesas well as use of props for advancing clients or providing appropriate modifications. With this training the final Mat exercises are covered so that all original Pilates Mat repertoire movements are learned.
Pilates Mat II & III Certification
Pilates Power Plate
This training combines the Power Plate Orientation and Moving Strength's one of kind Pilates Plate Strength Sequencing. It will provide an introduction to Power Plate (Whole Body Vibration) and the science based evidence that has made Power Plates the industry leader in this category. The Power Plates education is inspired by Applied Functional Science (AFS)® powered by Gray Institute®. Moving Strength's specially designed Pilates Plate Strength workout combines classic Pilates exercises with the scientific elements of Whole Body Vibration (WBV). The training will give the Pilates teacher the tools to utilize the WBV with the combined Pilates equipment and mat exercises designed by Joseph Pilates which will improve flexibility, build strength and develop control and endurance in the entire body.
WBV is engineered to activate the body's natural reflexive response to vibration. Moving at 25 to 50 times per second, the muscles engage in a consistent and controlled manner, resulting in accelerated training, allowing anyone to reach their fitness goals faster and more efficiently. Power Plate users lose twice as much fat over six months compared to those using simple fitness and diet alone.
An overview of the course content is described below:
- History of Whole Body Vibration Training & Therapy.
- Introduction to Power Plate technology.
- Reflexive Stabilization and Rapid Reflex Response (R3)
- Benefits of using Power Plate – Neuromuscular & Regenerative
- Movement Application powered by Gray Institute
- Practical, 3D exploration of exercises within the 5 elements powered by Gray Institute:
- Movement Preparation
- Neuromuscular Activation & Strength
- Recovery & Regeneration
- Moving Strength's Pilates Plate Strength Sequence
- Abdominal Series
- Pilates Sequences
- Moving Strength's Restorative Plate Strength Sequence & Plate Strength (Fitness)
- Introduction to Little Buddhas Yoga's Yoga Plate Strength Sequence
- TRX® Suspension Training®Plate Strength Sequence
- Introducing a client/class to Plate Strength Classes and creating a positive experience.
- Teaching techniques for a successful and efficient class.
- Health Statement and Medical Guidelines
The Pilates and WBV methods are symbiotic, and the combination of the two creates a unique and powerful exercise regime. The Teacher Training Course will teach: the science behind Power Plates, Pilates techniques adapted to Power Plate, queuing for students through 25-30 minutes workouts successfully, combinations of tested sequences of Classical Pilates exercises, alternative classes for Plate Strength, and the Teacher will leave with a fresh new set of tools to empower their clients.
Conceived by U.S. Navy SEALS and developed by Fitness Anywhere®, TRX® Suspension Training® is a revolutionary system of exercise that leverages your body weight to build strength, flexibility, balance and mobility— all at the intensity you choose. TRX® Suspension Training® conditions the entire body safely and effectively while continuously activating the core muscles to build strength, stability and balance. In this Suspension Teacher Training you will learn movement-based training curriculum, a progressive and systematic approach to teaching TRX, modifications for any fitness level by increasing or decreasing the load against gravity while executing exercises.